We previous reviewed the RTGH-84, which is in the same line as the RTGH-95. As with the 84, the Rheem Prestige RTGH-95 will not leave you wondering if you made a good choice, because you did. The unit has all the bells and whistles, too.
The RTGH-95 has a max BTU of 199,000. It is offered in indoor or outdoor installation. This unit can use either natural Gas or liquid propane.
What we liked about the Rheem RTGH-95
While most other manufactures have a minimum flow rate of 0.4 GPM, Rheem has come up with a 0.26 minimum flow rate. The water flow must hit 0.4 GPM, but then you can dial it back to a slow trickle of water.
2. With an energy factor of 0.94, you will be able to ROI the unit much faster. Also the unit is EnergyStar compliant, so you should be able to get some rebates.
3. Stainless steel is used for the secondary heat exchanger and copper is used in the primary heat exchanger.
4. People living in high altitudes will not have to worry. 9,804 is the out of the box rating for this unit.
6. This tankless water heater can be directed vented with 2” PVC. This is a great feature since it will reduce installation costs.
7. Included in the box is a digital remote control.
8. The unit has an array of self diagnostic items which helps plumbers with the install and if there is ever a need for service.
9. It also has an electronic ignition. This is common on most tankless water heaters.
What we didn’t like about the Rheem RTGH-95
1. We would like to see the controller wire be longer then 10ft. This really limits you installation options. Longer wires are an additional cost.
2. As like its peer, this is a smaller unit, but it weighs in at 82 LBS.
3. 120°F is the max factory temperature is, but it can be changed in the field to 140°F. We hate the most manufactures do this.
In closing, we are just as happy with this unit as we where with the RTGH-84. With a price point of around $1200 this is a good value when factoring in the features and the performance.
- Min Gas Consumption Btu/h – 11,000
- Max Gas Consumption Btu/h – 199,000
- Water Capacity GPM Activation – .4
- Water Capacity GPM Min -.26
- Water Capacity GPM Max – 9.5
- Temperature Range – 85 ° to 140 °
- Gas Supply Connection – 3/4 inch MNPT
- Cold Water Input Connection – 3/4 inch
- Hot Water Input Connection – 3/4 inch
- Weight -82 lbs.
- Dimensions 27.5” x 18.5” x 9.75” (H x W x D)
- 12 year heat exchange warranty
- 1 year warranty on labor
- 5 year warranty parts and labor